Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Labels

I've added a new feature to the Builder: labels.

This is something I've been meaning to add for a while.  I've quickly realized that I need more ways of organizing stuff in the Builder, otherwise larger games are going to get completely unmanageable.  Especially Flags and Interactions, which are global and tend to multiply pretty quickly.

So I essentially copied Gmail and added labels.  You can now add a label to Flags and Interactions, and view each label individually.  This lets you categorize things easier.

I plan on adding more things like this (as well as improving the label system) as I go.  Feel free to send in any usability improvements you think of, as well.

Another addition is a log, which shows up at the bottom right of the Builder screen.  This is pretty basic so far (all it does is show saving and loading details), but I'll also be expanding it in the future, I think.  You can also type in it, although the text isn't saved in your game, so it will disappear when you close the app.  Speaking of which, I've been considering a dedicated notes component, but I'm not sure if it would be useful.  If anyone thinks it's important enough to add, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment