Monday, March 19, 2012

Engine Update

I've made a small update to both the Player and the Builder to add engine version checking.  This doesn't mean much yet, but it was the first on my to-do list to make further development easier.  Now the engine version that was used to make the game is saved in the .pd file, and when you try to open the game in the Builder or Player it will run a check to make sure the game and the engine are of compatible versions.

Right now all games are going to be compatible, but in the future if I make a fundamental change to the structure of the game files, I'll update the version and any development will have to use the new version to be compatible with new features.

I'll always link to the newest versions on the sidebar, but I'll be keeping the old versions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment